Sunday, November 14, 2010

Window Adjustments

The rear quarter window has not sealed well along the edge where it joins the door glass since I put in the new window lifts, so I knew I was going to need to adjust it soon. I decided to tackle it today as it was nice weather. Other than having to take the panels all apart, it was simple enough. Now I see both doors need the glass adjusted so they tilt in slightly. I saved that for another day.

Instead I dusted off the car and used some spray detailer, Windexed and Rain-Xed the glass and went for a little spin. This is the first drive since I did the valve seals. I have a lot of oil on the engine that I never got the Gunk to clean off and it needs to burn off. But I see less and less smoke from the exhaust so I think between the new seals and the Lucas, we are going to be OK on the smoke. I just don't want to get a citation, which is entirely possible here in Los Angeles.

The Chief drove nicely and I didn't even mind the manual steering much. ;-) But I think the brakes will need to be looked at soon. I may ask Tiremans to evaluate them for me. I have a feeling if I do much I may end up with front discs! :D

Oh... and the driver's wing vent motor is not working now! It draws power when I move the switch, but no motion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment