Saturday, January 30, 2010

Inspection, Shipping Quote

I ordered a vehicle inspection for the Spokane car last night through the "www.i-van.org" web site. The cost was $250 and the inspector seemed very easy to deal with.

I also requested a transport quote this morning. I will use the one from FedEx Custom Critical to transport the car by enclosed carrier door-to-door. About $1500, which was not the highest quote of the bunch, but towards the high end. I was surprised that DAS was the highest. I don't want to use them again.

Maybe I am getting ahead of myself, but I want to have things lined up. I guess I should start making room in the garage too... :(

One nice thing I found out is, A1 Electric sells kits to add factory-style power window regulators to cars that originally had manual windows. I am such a huge fan of power windows, locks and keyless entries, there is no way I want to be without those "basic" amenities. They are *expensive*, probably running up to as much as $1K to buy the parts. But they can be done in stages to spread the cost. Since power windows were an available option for this car, I don't feel too much guilt over adding them. Would be nice to get the correct factory switches, but probably not possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment