Monday, February 15, 2010

Loose Ends

Whirlwind morning! First I dropped the down payment check off at FedEx. Then I had to line up the insurance so that the loan company would release the check.

At first we ran into trouble with the insurance because they did not want to cover it until it was in my possession. They would agree to cover it from the expected delivery date, if I had one. Well I didn't because I was waiting to see that the loan was funded before contacting FedEx Custom Critical/Passport. But I went ahead and booked the transport, figuring it was safe to set a pickup date of the 19th, the end of this week. I then gave the insurance company the date of March 1st for delivery. Well that wasn't good enough for the loan department. They wanted a binder to be in effect immediately before they would fund. They suggested I look into (Hagerty) a different insurance company! I went back to my insurance folks and gave them the news: cover me effective today (or tomorrow) or I have no choice but to go to another company, most likely Hagerty. After consulting with supervisors and much hemming and hawing, they ponied up with a binder starting at 12:01 am tomorrow morning. Whew!

Next thing, FedEx called and the wonderful gal that talked to me wanted to know if they couldn't pick the car up sooner than Friday! That's a real switch! She said they're very familiar with the St. Louis Car Museum so knows the drill. I told her I didn't know when the funds would clear and the car released, but they were welcome to work with John (at the museum) for whatever date he was comfortable with. She rings off and about a minute later, John calls to get the name of the loan guy I'm working with so he can get the info he needs to release the car. Wow! These folks seem to be really on the ball. Amazing.

Anyway, after all that I dropped the loan package into the nearest UPS overnight drop box and took a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment