Friday, May 28, 2010

Hood Blanket

The reproduction hood blanket kit went in today. My car did not have one when I got it and the kit came in two packages with one coming from CPR and one from (?) a drop ship. I had no clue as to how the thing was supposed to go in. I assumed, incorrectly, that the blanket itself, which took the longest to arrive, would have some instructions. In the end, I think I've got it, with the help of Todd Crews, POCI # 016432, 1957 Tech Advisor and Pontiac-1950s Yahoo Group member. He sent me this little bit of ASCII art  and description:




Thanks Todd!!! 

I found a way that works better for me, and no fussing with clips. OK, so it's not factory. ;-)



The rods just slip under the cross braces. At the front of the hood, I just tuck them under following the curve down. Easy in, easy out. I lost one of the donut holes punched out for the clips though.

No comments:

Post a Comment