Sunday, October 31, 2010

Start'M Up Done... sorta

I had ordered custom battery cables to replace the single positive line that now needed to be split in two. But I didn't realize that it was going to take several weeks to get them made up! So since I want to do other things with the car, I just cut the existing one and soldered new terminals on as a temporary arrangement til the new cables arrive. So the whole setup is in place now and right away I used it to readjust the valves. It worked great being able to easily hook up my remote switch and bump the engine to get each valve positioned.

After adjusting the valves I started her up. Seems like it does spin the starter a tad faster too. I have a lifter that seems a bit sticky... clatters a bit then quiets down, then may clatter a bit more and quiet again. I am ready to change the oil now but need to get some Lucas to put in there first. I have oil and filter, just need the Lucas.

No comments:

Post a Comment