Saturday, April 17, 2010

Decided to try something with the power brakes just to see that the booster is working at all. I unhooked the vacuum hose from the manifold and two things happened. The engine chugged and stumbled badly and the the brake pedal became *much* harder to press. So, there doesn't seem to be a vacuum leak through that circuit or there wouldn't be much change in the way the engine runs when it was disconnected. And clearly the power assist is assisting, at least some. 

After all that fun, I took the Chief out for a spin with Forrest this afternoon. There is something loose underneath that really bangs when you hit certain spots in the road. I'll have to figure it out when I get under there to do the springs.

Meanwhile, I found that the seat was not secured on the passenger side at all! I pulled that apart to see what was involved and saw it would be reasonably easy to move the seat track back a couple of inches. Went ahead and started on it and now I just need to get some hardened bolts and nuts at OSH tomorrow. With a set of temporary bolts in place, I can see this is going to be much nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment