Sunday, April 11, 2010

Radio!!!

Yesterday I finished wiring in the radio and power antenna, concocting a replacement dash speaker for the front, and mounting a rear speaker in the parcel shelf. I had decided to go with a pair of Pioneer 6x8 two way speakers. The original front was an 8" and I made an adapter from sheet metal to size the hole down. The rear shelf had a sort of provision for a speaker, perhaps even a pair. I did not have a 6x9 to try, but it looked like one would have fit right in. What I had was the other 6x8 and some matt board to use to size down the opening for the rear. It went together well and now all I need is a rear grille. I'd like a plain metal mesh one from Radio Shack or something.

The iPod works great with the system. Sound quality is quite good... certainly a lot better than the original electronics would have been able to produce. I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment