Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spin

Did a little adjusting on the Hydra-Matic TV rod, then went for a test drive. I have it adjusted a bit too much now, but it's not bad. The shift points just run a bit late. Drove over to Coopers and showed it off to Bob, then got on the freeway. I found that the speedometer is all gummed up and not reading anything close to accurate above about 45 MPH. I'll be pulling that and looking for a good instrument service shop. But he drove pretty nicely on the freeway. According to the GPS in my iPhone, I was doing around 60 MPH on average. All the while the speedo had stopped at about 45 and then slowly crept up to about 53. When I got off the freeway, it stayed at 53 for awhile, then slowly fell. By the time I parked back home, the speedo was at zero again.

After the ride, the day seemed early and the weather was still nice so I decided to pop the distributor cap off and swap out the points and old coil for a new Pertronix setup. It's just the Ignitor and a FlameThrower coil. Nothing too fancy. With that done in about a half hour, I buttoned him up and put him to bed in the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment