Saturday, December 11, 2010

Drive

Took the Cheif over to the post office today. Not a big drive, but interesting after driving the '58 a couple days ago. Nice comparison. I like the car but I don't like the brakes at all. I can even take the steering, more or less... though a quick ratio power box would be much nicer. But the flipping oil bath air cleaner has got to go. I added some oil to it since it looked low... maybe it wasn't after all. But of course, a little driving around and the intake started sucking oil in from the cleaner, just like it used to do on the '49er. I can gut the original cleaner and put a paper filter in there, but then the next owner doesn't get an oil bath cleaner if he wants it. I'd rather have a chrome aftermarket job I can replace with original any time I want to. So:




No comments:

Post a Comment