Monday, December 20, 2010

Oh Crap!

Oh oh... now I've done it. I figured while the brakes are apart I might as well try another experiment. I've been eyeing these kits since I got my Star Chief. Of course I've asked around if people thought they would fit the Pontiac and either folks didn't know or they said they wouldn't. I never let that stop me though. ;-) What it comes down to is how much re-engineering do I need to do to get it to fit. I don't mind a little cutting and welding. It is a lot more expensive than just hogging out the steering gearbox mounting holes to get a newer, smaller power box in there. But if it works nicely, it is a lot more elegant.



1955-56 Chevy Power Rack & Pinion Cradle Kit - Part No.: FR309KTPW

Power Rack and Pinion Kit Includes:
  • Paintable Tilt Column
  • Mounting Hardware
  • Wiring Connector
  • Universal Joints
  • Patented Rack & Pinion Cradle System
  • Power Steering Pump with Billet Bracket and Pulley
  • Polished Aluminum Mounting Reservoir (Hoses sold separately)
  • Swivel Floor Mount for easy column installation
[Shipment arrived  12/28/2010 drop ship]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment