Saturday, February 12, 2011

Test Drive!

Put the front tires on and adjusted approximate toe-in, then carefully pulled the car out of the garage. Bled the rear brakes and re-bled the fronts just to be sure. Replaced the brake light switch and wired it up. Then it was time to test drive. The wheel centering seemed good. No pulling. There is more brake pedal travel before anything happens on this car compared to the '58 Cad.

Back at home I adjusted the pedal height a bit, then tightened down the clevis pin on the brake pedal. I had forgotten to remove the bleeder tool from the combo valve so I did that too, then went out for a second around the block spin. Did a few 30 to 0 stops with no trouble. Tried a U-turn to see how the turning radius was impacted. It has been, a little. I'm thinking I might want to order the longer Chevy steering arms to see if they would fit.

After the second drive I:
  • Put the glove box light in (with LED bulb).
  • Put the glove box back in the dash.
  • Put the horn button back together and tightened down the steering wheel.
I had to trim a little off of the Steering wheel trim plate as it scraped the column pretty badly when I tightened down the wheel. I took off a 16th of an inch or so. Problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment