Sunday, February 6, 2011

Shocks and One Sway Bar End

Hmmm... When they say sway bar link kit, they don't always mean it does one sway bar (two ends). Sometimes they mean a kit for one end. So I was only able to do the driver's side today. A second kit is on it's way. But I did get both new front shocks in. the towers on top were bent out of shape, especially the right one. I straightened them, made sure I kept 4" on center mounting hole positioning, and I welded a brace on one side to help them keep their shape. I can't imagine what bent them forward.




So then I was going to secure the tie rod ends but found that the '69 Camaro ball stud has a longer taper than the '55 Pontiac steering arm wants. I think a couple of hardened washers will do the trick here, but I'm fresh out. Ordered some from McMaster and I'll deal with it next weekend along with the other sway bar link.


I worked pretty hard yesterday so I'm taking it easier today. Not looking forward to the Dentist visit tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment