Sunday, January 29, 2012

Second New Wheel

Got the other front wheel and tire mounted at Pep Boys today and with that installed on the car, The Chief came down off the jacks. I then took the two wheels and tires what had been on the front with spacers, and put them on the back. No spacers needed there, but won't be able to "rotate" the tires. As far as I'm concerned, that's not really a problem. And I can keep a spare with a spacer in the trunk for use on either front or rear.

Putting the rear tires on was a problem, just like it was on the '58 Cad. The tires don't want to go up in the wheel wells past the drums, but once the sidewall clears the drum, everything fits. Even the skirts fit with the new tires but I found that I may actually prefer the skirts off instead.

Here are some pictures...







No comments:

Post a Comment