Saturday, January 21, 2012

Steering Tweak Continues

Second new wheel came Thursday and today I put one wheel and one tire into the back end of the Volt to take somewhere for mounting tomorrow. Sunday my regular place is closed, but may be Pep Boys can handle it.

Meanwhile I have the steering rack and cradle all bolted back in. The driver's side has a lot of shims... I think I may consider making a set of spacers that would be more... what? Reliable? Stable? Permanent? Maybe. For now, I haven't decided for sure that this arrangement is staying. So, maybe after it is aligned again and I see if it performs the way I want it to, I'll consider improvements.

I also need to clamp the power steering hoses to keep them clear of the exhaust manifold on the driver's side. I ordered some 1/2" Rubber Cushioned Loop Clamps from Amazon and those will come early next week. Since I'll have to get both new tires mounted to both new wheels before I can do any driving anyway, I guess there's no hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment