Saturday, March 20, 2010

Chief Gets His Head!

His lighted hood ornament finally went on in place of the base ornament he came with. He looks just fine wearing his new ornament.


So, on to other items...I received a replacement for the left power vent motor and that went in today. Working just fine now. So I had to finish up making the hole for the vent switch on the driver's door panel. With that done, the panel went back on and except for a little straightening up and putting the kick panel back on, the windows and locks are done.


Next up was replacing the radio antenna.I *thought* there was enough room in the cowl space right behind the right kick panel where the antenna mounted through the sheet metal, but there was a body brace connecting the dash going right through where the mast would have to sit. After much thinking, I found I could drill an elongated hole in this brace and feed the mast through it. The motor might interfere with the very top of the kick panel when it gets put back in, but I can work with that. So, power antenna is in though not wired up yet. Sorry, no good pictures of the inside to show you how the unit fit in.


And finally, some thoughts about the steering... I ordered a 605 box but I'm not so anxious to swap it out now. I guess a little time spent actually driving the Chief will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment