Thursday, March 4, 2010

Power Windows Start Going In

Been thinking about how the new power regulators are going to go in for days. Finally after dinner tonight I couldn't stand it any longer. I got the shop manual out and started pulling the seats and quarter window panels to get at the rear regulators. Figure I can do those in the garage easily enough. Took me awhile to figure out that the new parts are actually going to work. The drawing for the placement and bolt holes is so bad I was using the wrong holes and, of course, nothing was lining up. Finally the light bulb lit up and I realized my mistake. Suddenly it all fits. So I got far enough along that the window is secure in the channel and I can leave things for the night. I'll pick it up over the weekend again. I just *had* to get started on it though. I feel much better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment