Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Test Drive

Took the first real drive in the Chief when I went over to AAA in Burbank to get the VIN verified this morning. She is a little rough. I think the exhaust being so loud is a major part of this. Gonna have to get a fresh exhaust system in there soon. The pipes are OK, but the little short cherry bomb-type mufflers are extremely loud.

It's actually a  bit surprising how small the car is too. Considering it is a "full size" Pontiac, it is much shorter and narrower than Helen, the '76 Buick. When I finished at AAA I drove home and swapped the Chief for Helen to go to work in... It felt like Helen was the Queen Mary in comparison!

Overall the car drives more like the '49er than Lucille, the '58. I think the manual steering has got to go, just as it did on the '49er.

After AAA, I put together all the paperwork to go to the title officer at Woodside and dropped them in the FedEx box at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment