Monday, March 8, 2010

Driver's Door

Changed out the regulator and added the glass bumper stop easily enough. Predictably, the door was not made to accept the 4-gang window switch so some careful cutting was in order. Similarly performed surgery on the trim pad to accept the new switch, being careful to line up with the cut in the door. I installed and adjusted the door lock actuator as well, mounting it in the same spot as the passenger side door. The driver's door lock pull is not as stiff as the passenger's side, as you might expect. Then the biggie, cutting the holes in the door jamb to run all the wires. About this time, UPS showed up with the reproduction wire channel/loom that will guide the wires through the door jamb. On the passenger's side, I had to guess a little. But with the channels in hand, I was able to see my guess was pretty good and to do the full hole cutting on the driver's side. (I'll go back and address the passenger's side later. Right now, I can't get to it as the car is against the wall of the garage on that side.) And that's where I left things. I got a lot accomplished this weekend and I was feeling the fatigue. Better to take a break and come back in a few days to finish up.

No comments:

Post a Comment