Sunday, March 14, 2010

Keyless

Made good progress in spite of limited time today. I now have all 4 window wire harnesses wired together and tested. I connected up the rest of the goodies that the keyless box provides like turning on the dome/courtesy lights on unlock, flashing the parking lights, and the trunk pop circuit. Of course, I don't have the trunk solenoid mounted yet, but the circuit is ready. As part of the keyless dome light feature, I had to get the dome lights working. The orange feed wire had been disconnected at the fuse panel. I put a fuse in the circuit for the clock and radio, which let me find out that the radio buzzes and tubes light up, but no sound comes out. The clock still didn't work and I found the purple wire that had been disconnected and taped off was the problem. Apparently the wire had been taped many years ago. The terminal was green and the tape was very brittle. Now the clock works again, but how good it is at keeping time remains to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment