Saturday, March 13, 2010

More Windows

Well, the power vent window kit is a problem... the left hand motor died within minutes of installing it. The right seems to be holding up fine. I've contacted the seller asking about a replacement for the left. Meanwhile, I got the wire channel/looms installed and got power run from the engine bay to the left kick panel where there is a 20 amp breaker tap.  This will power the lifts, vents, locks and keyless. Obviously not everything will be in use at once so 20 amp should be OK. To my horror, when I removed the right kick panel, it crumbled! The left one was a replacement in a thin, dense foam. I guess the right one has never been off before. Oh well, eBay has some repro ones similar to the left one. I'll just need to paint it... and I have some paint coming already.

So now the locks are all connected, keyless partway in and functional... but I'm stuck because the wire harness from the right rear window is not long enough. I also ran out of blue crimp splices. Off the the store tomorrow so I can continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment