Saturday, January 15, 2011

Brake Pedal Progress

Today I pulled the defroster plenum... unfortunately had to cut it. But with that gone I had room to start test fitting brake pedals. The Cadillac one I had will not work because it needs to mount too high and won't clear the cowl. I have the hot-rod one from Jegs and it could be made to work. But I think I like the '55 Chevy pedal best. I cut off the part that attaches to the dash as it doesn't mesh up with the Pontiac dash well anyway. Then I had a universal booster mounting plate I got from CPP awhile back and I cut that to shape and welded the Chevy pedal assembly to it. I drilled holes in the Chevy pedal pad plate to mount the Pontiac pedal pad. Not sure of this arrangement.




Gorgeous 80° day here today. Sunny and just wonderful for chasing away the blues and the last cold sniffles I had. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment