Thursday, January 13, 2011

Send It Back

So at 7-something this morning, I was on the phone to Kevin at Flaming River Tech Support. Nice guy. Had a hard time believing the problem I was having, but when I told him the jamb nut they supplied fit but not the rack end, he knew something was not right. He gave me an RMA number to return the rack for service and I went out and pulled it off right away. Just took the 4 bolts out that hold it to the cradle and released the steering linkage. Pretty simple. Took the rack over to my local pack and ship and it's happily on it's way back to Ohio. Should get there next Wednesday.

Note to self: When you put the rack back in, put the upper right cradle bolt in first, then swing the rack up to meet the steering linkage and reseat the u-joint on the rack input shaft before putting the other bolts in. With all 4 bolts back in loosely, push rack up as high as it will go before tightening the bolts down. Then tighten down the steering linkage to the input shaft.

No comments:

Post a Comment