Sunday, January 9, 2011

Turn Signals

Today was spent sorting out the turn signal wiring. The new column came with a male GM flat connector and a kit to make up the female half. I used the connectors from a spare column I had on hand so as to not cut anything from my original column. With those, I made up a little adapter harness that connects between the factory connectors on the car and the flat connector on the column. And best of all, everything works! It took most of the day because I had to translate the color code of the wires, scrounge the connectors, pull them apart, solder in new wire, solder in the pins for the flat, and test everything.

The white wire for the brake light is a passthrough for the brake feed. Has no power on it unless the brake pedal switch is closed. The turn signal power wire is from the flasher. So that power signal "blinks".

I may add the hazard kit later on. It would be nice to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment