Sunday, January 16, 2011

Pedal Pushback

Looks like the master cylinder and booster I will be using is from the Jegs kit #555-631090 Universal Firewall mount Power Brake Pedal Conversion Kit. I bought it to use on the '49er, but I need parts of it for this car. It seems the spot I'm going to be mounting the pedal in will put the booster closer to the engine than will allow for a big booster like the 2000 Sierra one I bought to use with this car originally.



As I've been working to mount the pedal, I've come to realize that the firewall is a problem because it's not flat. I'll need to come up with some kind of standoff to push the booster out to the part of the firewall that is closest to the engine. Then the plate the pedal assembly is attached to will have to mount on the part that is furthest. Not the best. Also I'm not happy with the pedal pad I mounted yesterday. I think I want to cut the original pad from the pedal arm, make a new one from plate and mount it lower and sightly left of the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment