Thursday, January 27, 2011

Vacation: Thursday

  • Heater hoses routed and connected - tightened down
  • Brake lines from master to combination valve bent up and tightened down
  • Bench bled master on the car
  • Started bleeding front right - checked connections - tightened loose ones... except forgot about the blockoff plugs on the right side of the master - tightened, re-bled
  • Bled left front - no issues

At this point I have some pedal but since I can't bleed the rear circuit yet, I didn't expect much and got about what I expected. Bob even helped me confirm that I've got real pedal, not a repeat of the first go-round with my '58. He turned the rotor while I stepped on the brake to see that the caliper was actually clamping. Awesome! Now I am about as far with the brakes as I can go til I can pull the car out of the garage to bleed the rears, except for some neatening up.

One thing that is a bit alarming is the amount of flex the master/booster has when you step on the pedal. I suppose that is the downside of using the extension bracket. Will have to watch for signs of metal fatigue. Maybe add a brace later on.

I cleaned up the pulleys for the power steering. Wire brushed them and hit them with some black Rust-O-Lium.

I also pulled the Waldron dual exhaust kit I bought some time ago out of the back garage and inventoried the parts to see if the left collector pipe would work any better than the one that was on the car before I started the steering upgrade. I does need some modification and it will have to ride underneath the rack cradle, but it will work much better than the old one.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment