Saturday, January 22, 2011

Some Brake Progress

Turns out buying the power brake pedal conversion kit from Ecklers was very smart. It worked perfectly. I chose to cut off the old smaller pedal pad since I had screwed it up a lot already anyway and I wanted the pedal to sit a bit further away. I tack welded it, tested it for fit and angle, then welded it down tight. Finally the pedal is finished!


You can see that part of the swing pedal upper bracket that I cut off behind the assembly there. I used part of it later on the booster bracket. Nothing goes to waste! I want to buy the correct switch for the stop light now. I have one for a '73 Cad in there now and it doesn't work that well. But everything else is good.

So next I started working on the brackets I bought to mount the booster. Turns out this was also a very smart thing to buy, as I can stand the booster out aways from that uneven firewall and at the same time, the bracket angles the booster so the rod points to the lower hole in the brake pedal arm instead of the original hole. Much better!




You can see I had some fun with the left bracket, as that is the wickedest part of the firewall. I ran out of time and I need a longer bolt for this hole so I'll be making a hardware store run in the morning.  Now what am I going to cover the old holes with when I go to finish up this panel... ?

No comments:

Post a Comment